Ixtapan Spa will be your 2016 gift.
- Make sure your hotel includes fitness and/or spa treatments in prices. Do not be fooled by discounted room prices. Service charges on spa treatments are usually 20% on top of the price.
- Ask what is walkable from the hotel. Everyone wants to leave the confines of a resort, no matter how lovely, and many destination resorts are remotely situated.
- Shopping? Is there shopping near. Most hotels have ridiculously overpriced shops. If you like relaxed and budget shopping, make sure there are places- hopefully walkable- but if not, taxi-near.
- Is there anything else to see and how do you get there? What a shame to visit a resort and not see a cultural or historic site.
- Check the single supplement; if you are doing a fitness spa trip, treat yourself and look for a single deal.
- Check the weather and altitude, which effects temperature and air quality.
- Ask about casual dining and, if going alone, about dining for solos.
- Is use of the spa area free? Or is there a resort charge on top of the room charge?
- Ask for a list of a week’s worth of free activities.
10.Finally, check out the photos of women on the hotel site; do they look like you?
WE ARE ALMOST FULL. One spot left Mexico city tour Feb 4-7, and continue to Ixtapan Feb 7 if you wish. The double trip has a $100 discount