* Go for at least 4 nights if you want a true perspective.
* Arrive at a reasonable hour, even if you need to leave work early.
* Meet with spa coordinators immediately and have a list of prepared questions.
* Choose a spa that fits your needs; beauty, weight loss, stress, just a getaway, exercise, nutrition etc.
* Some spas are really resorts with a few spa facilities.
* A good gauge of a spa is the number of professionals on staff.
* Does the manicurist also do facials; if so, this is not a true spa.
* Read health and fitness magazines in advance and formulate questions.
* Have a goal; this helps you to schedule properly and make priorities. i.e.: weight loss. stress reduction. Do not cheat!
* List all the machines from your hometown gym; you can get a trainer to teach you how to use them more effectively.
* Figure out how fast you walk so when you join a spa walk you know your level.
Ready to try? Join The Women’s Travel Group to Canyon Ranch Health Resort May 1-4 or May 1-5 2014
and last minute to Ixtapan Spa in Ixtapan de la Sal Mexico Feb 9-16, 2014 Join us for both the discounts and the fun o of making new travel friends. Ixtapan has a very low single supplement.