We have chosen a luxury river cruise for Thanksgiving for The Women’s Travel Group. We like the itinerary, the deluxe amenities and the food we do not have to cook. Here are general reasons why a river cruise works for women:
1. River cruises are more intimate, with smaller numbers of guests.
2. The boats dock in towns, so you are not a ‘prisoner’ on board and your stroll is not limited to a deck.
3. No sea sickness!
4. Views all the time as can see the shoreline of the country you actually came to see.
5. Since guests are less, the time taken for excursions, embarkation and disembarkation is much less. Consider the amount you pay for travel and how much goes to moving around!
6. You lose less time getting to sites: compare a walk into Budapest with a 90 drive to Rome a port.
7. Spaces are friendlier and smaller. You give up the glitz, you get the country.
Besides Budapest, Vienna and Saltzberg, this cruise stops at fairy tale towns where the markets explode with color and smells in their central squares. You will feel you are in a movie.
Those of you from The Women’s Travel Club who used to go to Christmas Markets cruises with us know that part of the fun is at night, with heaters, gala lights and hot crispy potato pancakes. Come with us on this special cruise and leave the cooking to someone else!