Tips for Cold Weather Airplane Travel from Thewomenstravelgroup.com
1. Do not assume you do not need a winter coat. Even if flying to the Caribbean, take it in case of unexpected detours.
2. Sitting near the airplane window is chilly around the feet, wear knee socks and warmer than normal shoes. Try to insulate the plane wall with your coat or other.
3. If you get on the plane first, take one of the increasingly few blankets and use it! Or buy a cheap fleece one at a Target/Sears/TJMaxx type of store.
4. Layer clothes and have room for clothing in your carry on ( otherwise you might leave it on the plane). Light weight but warm travel clothes are available from LLBean, Patagonia. Uniqlo, Columbia, Royal Robin etc.
5. Pack a pair of old fashioned tights, every woman has a pair from the 1980’s. Snip the elastic waist if they are tight.
6. Always remember to take out travel insurance to protect yourself from airplane delays and cancellation due to sickness. Click here for our best prices.
LOOK AROUND THE CABIN. IF OTHERS LOOK COLD, ASK THE CABIN STAFF TO INCREASE THE TEMPERATURE–THEY DEFINITELY CAN ASK THE CAPTAIN TO DO THIS. YOU WILL PROBABLY HAVE TO ASK MORE THAN ONCE.